Intro

"I am interested in ideas, not merely in visual products."
Marcel Duchamp

Thursday

Did I Enchant the Mundane?

Well, my project is complete, and I loved the experience. It was a bit of a roller coaster ride in that I wasn't sure how to do it, at times I hated it, and at times I absolutely fell in love with it. I am happy to have done it, and I have learned that sometimes you have to have faith in creativity and in the parts of your brain that you don't consciously recognize in order to make something like this come together.

Take a look and please let me know what you think. Would love to know how it made you feel, what you thought of it, perhaps what it made you think about or what images you might have attached to it, etc.



3 comments:

  1. You definitely enchanted the mundane for me! I will admit, I became really excited watching your presentation. I didn't expect such emotion, conflict and resolve while watching these water bottles. One thing I did notice was the scene where the crunched water bottles are in front of the full water bottles. For some reason that showed like the pureness/wholeness/naivety versus the scarred/emotion/experience of the crunched water bottles. Basically, I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:03 PM

    Hey linda,
    I didn't water bottles could be so interesting. When Dr. Kyburz made that first comment a few weeks ago about your water bottles and she was in love with it, I couldn't really see what she was seeing. I can now. Thanks for making it clear and captivating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, watching your video over I am struck by many images. First: Consumed. This just gets me... The textures of the first few images are so organic, and liquid. It's hard to believe its plastic. all the images, individually and collectively speak so much to the human condition. There are so many feelings for me watching this. Thak You for your work.
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete